TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR A SQUAREZONE WEBSITE OR APP OR PORTAL
- This contract is between Squarezone Ltd (Us, We, Our) and the client (You) and encompasses:
(a) the design
(b) the hosting
(c) the on-going support
for the grant of a non exclusive licence to use Our software
- All invoices are based on Our published rates or on quotations that have been provided in writing (an email or a letter) in advance by Us.
- All rates are subject to VAT
- Any work is invoiced 50% in advance, payment of this deposit is deemed acceptance of the contract and any delivery period quoted is from that payment. The balance is due upon publishing of the completed work whereupon the website, App or Portal will be made live. Delivery of Apps is dependent on the App Stores approval process.
- Invoices for ongoing hosting or support are due within 30 days and are invoiced the month prior to the anniversary of your domain name renewal date. We retain the right to take down a website and cease email services if payment is not made within these terms.
- If the website or App or Portal work is cancelled by You before completion then the deposit is forfeited.
- If the website includes any form of e-commerce system, You are responsible for the choice of the payment system.
- We will register a domain name on your behalf, in your name and we act as your agents with the registering authority. You retain full rights to the use of the name according to the relevant registering authority's terms.
- We may build the website or App or Portal on a temporary site for your approval before moving it to your domain name.
- All content will be treated as commercial in confidence.
- We will discuss a potential publication date and endeavour to meet it, however time is not of the essence in this contract.
- We build websites to W3C standards, an established search engine friendly system; we will help You introduce the website to search engines but we cannot guarantee the ranking of the website on any search engines.
- We will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the website is viewable on the major platforms: Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Opera and Google Chrome as well as Smart mobile telephones and tablet computers.
- The bandwidth and storage limits set in the contract or otherwise made known to You via Our standard website pages are deemed to be for reasonable use for the website, if You exceed them we reserve the right to pass on the excess costs we receive from Our IP provider.
- We are not responsible for the content of the website whether updated by Us or You or your agents.
- We will not host copyrighted works or illegal material, if the website is found to contain such material the contract between Us will be immediately terminated and the website removed from our servers with no refund.
- Limitation of liability: Squarezone Ltd and its suppliers shall not be directly or indirectly liable for any damages suffered by You; including, but not exclusively, revenue, goodwill, or data resulting from the use or lack of use of the service, unauthorised access or corruption of transmissions or data; or other failure of any aspect of the website and or any aspect of the email system and or any aspect of any App and or any aspect of any Portal.
- You own the copyright to your pages and it is your responsibility to check the content for typographical or other errors.
- Once the design and set-up invoice has been settled, ownership of the pages passes to You, but the overall look, HTML, software programs, database design, App, Portal and CSS style sheets belong to Us.
- We will host the website but cannot be responsible in the instances of Acts of God, telecommunications breakdowns, government intervention, acts of terrorism or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Once the website design has been signed off we will undertake further changes for an agreed fee. Any defects or bugs will be fixed as quickly as possible without charge for a period of 12 calendar months from the date of delivery.
- In the event of a complaint, this must be in writing to Managing Director, Squarezone Ltd, Pembroke House, 8 St Christophers Place, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0NH. Complaints will be investigated and a response made within 14 days.
- Should You decide to transfer the website from our servers, provided all outstanding invoices are settled, we will co-operate professionally and in a timely manner with your new supplier. Existing pages and database content may be copied as flat HTML, CSV and CSS but any dynamic elements will be lost. Apps and Portals are owned by us and cannot be transferred. There is no refund nor partial refund.
- Unless instructed by You in writing we will include a bye-line on the website, App or Portal: Powered by Squarezone SpeedEweb.
- These Terms and any contract shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
(Last updated January 2022 to include Portals and limit warranty  and others)